Title of Position: Operations Specialist
Department: Carrier Sales
What’s the opportunity: As a Carrier Representative, you will be developing, maintaining, and growing relationships between carriers and Candor Expedite. Through this fast-paced, highenergy role where you will be able to make an impact on supply chain every day.
Basic Function: Responsible for quoting, coordinating, and controlling the movement of customer supplied product with a focus on achieving high quality standards and customer satisfaction. This position is primarily responsible for the managing of customer accounts in all aspects of Supply Chain Management and to maximize the productivity and efficiency of Candor Expedite Carriers. Strong focus on carrier networking, negotiating, sourcing and carrier relationship building in hotshot ground and white glove services.
- Communicate directly with vendors, and agents to support supply chain-related transactions
- Build strong relationships with quality carriers
- Select qualified carriers to help meet customer service levels for on time pickup and delivery
- Supply bids & quotes on potential business opportunities
- Provide solutions and problem solving when issues arise while proactively identifying proactive action
- Manage daily email communication internally and with carriers to help stay abreast of shipment status
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically, seeking input to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions
- Conduct calls with carriers to determine carrier availability and negotiate transportation rates
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and qualify new carrier relationships
- Understand the technology platform that Candor Expedite offers to the carrier community and work to drive utilization with relationships
- Ensure that specific customer load requirements are met on committed and/or transactional shipments
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers
Physical Job Requirements: Sedentary role with a fast-paced work environment. Open floor plan with moderate noise. Must be able to use a computer and phone to conduct business. This includes the ability to use hands, talk, see, and hear.