Title of position: Quoting Agent (2nd Shift)
REMOTE EMPLOYEE, employee is to be in office during training period (1st two weeks of employment). From time to time, Candor’s Management Team may request the employee to work from the office in Plano, TX. Candor and its employee will give notice to employee so that they may make arrangements to be in office.
Who are we: At Candor Expedite, we live and breathe our core values: Initiative, Innovate, Veracity, Give, and Experience. By applying these to our daily tasks and interactions, we have created a company culture and service that is unrivaled in our industry.
What we do: Candor is a woman-owned and operated hotshot ground & white-glove service provider. We are dedicated and passionate about our commitment to our clients of communication, service, & transparency on every shipment. This dedication starts at the top of our organization with ownership, to management leaders, to our team members in every role. We are here for the long haul.
Basic Function: The Truckload Operations team fulfills the following areas of service for its partners
- Timely acknowledgment and communication of solutions to customer inquiries for all
- Procure, identify, and build relationships with necessary vendors to support inquiries.
- Serve as the Operational Point of Contact for all 2nd shift shipments
- Execute Safety and Service Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicate directly with customers, vendors, and agents
- Select qualified carriers to help meet customer service levels for on time pickup and delivery
- Supply bids & quotes on potential business opportunities to vendor and customers.
- Provide solutions and problem solving when issues arise while proactively identifying resolution.
- Manage daily email communication internally and with carriers to help stay abreast of shipment status
- Tracking and tracing of shipments while providing customers with live updates, as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Develop capacity solutions to effectively support our customer needs
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically, seeking input to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions
- Manage load boards to match freight with carrier capacity
- Conduct calls with carriers to determine carrier availability and negotiate transportation rates
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and qualify new carrier relationships
- Understand the technology platform that Candor Expedite offers to the carrier community and work to drive utilization with relationships
- Ensure that specific customer load requirements are met on committed and/or transactional shipments
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers
Key Performance Indicators (KPI): Key Performance Indicators “KPI’s” are defined as a set of
measurements that determine the effectiveness of your activities as it relates to key business
objectives set forth by Candor Expedite. KPI’s will be reviewed on a periodic basis with
Management to provide feedback on employee’s progression toward personal/organizational
- Net Revenue Margin Percentage
- Month over Month (MoM)
- Year over Year (YoY)
- Quotes Won/Lost %
- Service Excellence %
- Service Excellence % are the number of orders without service exceptions versus the orders with an exception. Service exceptions are defined as, but not limited to: missed pickup/delivery, late pickup/delivery, damaged shipments, missed check calls and communication to the customer, etc.
Physical Job Requirements: Sedentary role with a fast-paced work environment. Open floor plan with moderate noise when working in office. Must be able to use a computer and phone to conduct business. Employee must be able to be in office during training without exception, time will be established on date of hire. This includes the ability to use hands, talk, see, and hear.