Title of Position: Quoting Agent
**DUE TO COVID 19 – REMOTE/IN-OFFICE HYBRID, employee will be required to be in office for an agreed amount of days quarterly and will set schedule with manager approval- an email with schedule must be sent to HR@candorexp.com with in/out office expected times and established quarterly with employee and its direct manager. The Candor executive team is continually reviewing this policy based on the safety and wellbeing of our employees. Any changes will be submitted to you immediately upon policy change.**
Who are we: At Candor Expedite, we live and breathe our core values: Initiative, Innovate, Veracity, Give, and Experience. By applying these to our daily tasks and interactions, we have created a company culture and service that is unrivaled in our industry.
What we do: Candor is a woman-owned and operated hotshot ground & white-glove service provider. We are dedicated and passionate about our commitment to our clients of communication, service, & transparency on every shipment. This dedication starts at the top of
our organization with ownership, to management leaders, to our team members in every role. We are here for the long haul.
What’s the opportunity: As a Quoting Agent, the employee is responsible for quoting, coordinating, and controlling the movement of customer-supplied product with a focus on achieving high-quality standards and customer satisfaction. This position is primarily responsible for the managing of customer accounts by quoting freight opportunities and maximizing the productivity and efficiency of Candor Expedite carriers. Strong focus on carrier networking, negotiating, sourcing, and carrier relationship building across all modes. This position will adhere to Candor’s Commitment to its partners and teammates. This role is fast-paced and requires high energy to make an impact on our commitment to our team, customers, and vendors.
Basic Function: The Operations team fulfills the following areas of service for its partners and
- Timely acknowledgment and communication of solutions to customer inquiries for all opportunities.
- Procure, identify, and build relationships with necessary vendors to support inquiries.
- Serve as the Operational Point of Contact for customer shipments employee handles
- Execute Safety and Service Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicate directly with customers, vendors, and agents
- Select qualified carriers to help meet customer service levels for on time pickup and delivery
- Supply bids & quotes on potential business opportunities to vendor and customers.
- Provide solutions and problem solving when issues arise while proactively identifying resolution.
- Manage daily email communication internally and with carriers to help stay abreast of shipment status
- Tracking and tracing of shipments while providing customers with live updates, as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Develop capacity solutions to effectively support our customer needs
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically, seeking input to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions
- Manage load boards to match freight with carrier capacity
- Conduct calls with carriers to determine carrier availability and negotiate transportation rates
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and qualify new carrier relationships
- Understand the technology platform that Candor Expedite offers to the carrier community and work to drive utilization with relationships
- Ensure that specific customer load requirements are met on committed and/or transactional shipments
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers
Key Performance Indicators (KPI): Key Performance Indicators “KPI’s” are defined as a set of measurements that determine the effectiveness of your activities as it relates to key business objectives set forth by Candor Expedite. KPI’s will be reviewed on a periodic basis with Management to provide feedback on employee’s progression toward personal/organizational goals.
- Net Revenue Margin Percentage
- Month over Month (MoM)
- Year over Year (YoY)
- Quotes Won/Lost %
- Service Excellence %
- Service Excellence % are the number of orders without service exceptions versus the orders with an exception. Service exceptions are defined as, but not limited to: missed pickup/delivery, late pickup/delivery, damaged shipments, missed check calls and communication to the customer, etc.
Physical Job Requirements: Sedentary role with a fast-paced work environment. Open floor plan with moderate noise when working in office. Must be able to use a computer and phone to conduct business. Employee must be able to be in office during training without exception, time will be established on date of hire. This includes the ability to use hands, talk, see, and hear.